MBBS, MS.(Orth), M.Ch (Orth)
Dr. Jacob Varghese is one of the most experienced with almost three decades of experience and is a pioneer in the field of Joint Replacement & Sports Injuries in Kerala. He did his graduation and post graduation from Kasturba Medical College, Mangalore University. He went on to do MCh in Orthopaedics from University of Liverpool. He received upper limb Fellowship from Writington, NHS Trust Wigan UK.
He is well-known for his clinical and surgical decision making skills. He has conducted thousands of surgeries which includes arthroscopies, arthroplasties, redo’s, Minimally Invasive Joint replacement surgeries like meniscal repair and replacement as well as autologous cartilage implantation.
Dr. Jacob was the first surgeon to start revision joint replacement and performed the FIRST Arthroscopic surgery in shoulder, elbow and wrist disorders in the state. He has the largest series of biological ACL and revision ACL and multi-ligament reconstructions in the state among the pioneers in primary and revision joint replacement in the country. The success rates of Dr. Jacob Varghese in cases of joint replacement surgery in kerala are comparable to any other surgeon in the world.
• Asia Pacific arthroplasty Association
• ISAKOS, International society of arthroscopy.knee surgery
• International member-American academy of orthopedic surgeons
• International cartilage research society
• AHKS American Association of Hip and knee surgeons
• Asian Federation of Sports Medicine
• Indian Orthopaedic Association
• Indian arthroscopy society
Senior Consultant & HOD, Director Of Orthopedics and Department of Joint Replacement & Sports Medicine