Best Nuclear Medicine Treatments In Kochi.
Nuclear Medicine is a relatively new and rapidly developing medical specialty which uses trace amounts of radionuclides for imaging and treatment of cancers and non-cancerous conditions. The unique feature of Nuclear Medicine is that, it demonstrates organ function in contrast to routine diagnostic radiology which provides structural details.
These Nuclear Medicine procedures detect abnormalities much earlier than other diagnostic tests in many conditions as the functional changes occur earlier than structural changes become apparent, thereby leading to earlier treatment with better outcome. With the advent of Hybrid imaging methods such as SPECT/ CT and PET/ CT in Nuclear Medicine, both structural and functional details can be obtained at the same time.
VPS Lakeshore’s Nuclear Medicine Department has a well-trained team of doctors and technologists who have mastered the art of serving patients using the most advanced and updated methods.
The Key Highlights of this Department are:
SPECT CT / Gamma Camera Imaging
Allows the proper assessment of various organs by performing the following tests:
- Bone Scan
- Brain Spect
- Brain Scintigraphy(DTPA)
- Direct Radionuclide Cystogram(DRCG/VUR)
- DMSA III Renal Scan
- DMSA-V Whole Body Scan
- DTPA/EC Renal Scan
- DTPA/EC Pre and Post Captopril Renal Scan
- Esophageal Transit Study
- First Pass Study
- Gastroesophageal Reflux / Milk Scan
- Gastric Emptying Study
- GI Bleed Study
- Hepatobiliary Scintigraphy HIDA Scan
- Ictal AND Interictal Brain SPECT-CT
- I-131 Thyroid Uptake Scan
- I-131 Whole Body Scan
- Octreotide Scintigraphy (HYNICTOC)
- Liver / Spleen (RES) SCAN
- Liver (Blood Pool Scan)
- Lung Perfusion Study
- Lung Ventilation and Perfusion (V/Q SCAN)
- Lung Shunt Quantification
- Meckel’s Scan
- MIBG Scan
- MUGA/ERNA Study
- Myocardial Perfusion Scan (REST)
- Myocardial Perfusion Scan (REST & ADENOSINE STRESS)
- Myocardial Perfusion Scan (REST & DOBUTAMINE STRESS)
- Myocardial Perfusion Scan (REST & EXERCISE STRESS)
- Parathyroid Scintigraphy
- Perchlorate Discharge Test
- Peritoneo Plural Scan
- Transplant Renal Scan
- Salivary Scintigraphy
- Sentinel Lymph Node Scintigraphy
- Sestamibi - Tumor Imaging
- Testicular Scan
- TC-99M Thyroid Scan
- Trodat Scan
Commonly used for the analysis of Cancer, Brain, Heart diseases,
Infections and Inflammatory disorders. Performs the following PET/CT procedures:
- F-18 FDG Whole Body PET/CT
- F-18 FDG Brain PET/CT
- F-18 FDG Cardiac PET/CT
- F-18 Whole Body Bone Scan
- F-18 F-DOPA PET/CT
- Ga-68 DOTANOC PET/CT
- Ga-68 PSMA PET/CT
Radionuclide Therapy The department provides a wide range of Radionuclide therapies as listed below:
- Radioiodine therapy (for thyroid carcinoma and hyperthyroidism)
- Bone pain palliation
- Lu-177 DOTATATE therapy (For Neuroendocrine tumour)
- Lu-177 PSMA therapy (For Prostate Cancer)
- Transarterial Radio Embolisation (for liver tumour)
Consultant & HOD - Nuclear Medicine
MBBS, MD (Nuclear Medicine, PGIMER), FANMB, FEBNM
Consultant & HOD - Nuclear Medicine
VPS Lakeshore's Medical Centre was officially launched at Calicut as the new venture was inaugurated by Hon. Minister P. A Muhammad Riyas and Mayor Dr. Beena Philip.
VPS Lakeshore's Medical Centre at Calicut was inaugurated by Hon. Minister P. A Muhammad Riyas and Mayor Dr. Beena Philip.
Find VPS Lakeshore's Chief Dietician Dr. Manju P George's article about the diet for good health published in Kerala Kaumudy Azhchapathippu
VPS Lakeshore conducts yet another successful Liver Transplant Surgery in a six-month-old baby hailing from Lakshadweep, who went through the condition of biliary atresia.
A Study from VPS Lakeshore hospital presented at the American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons meeting in San Diego (Aug 31 to Sep 3, 2021)
VPS Lakeshore's timely intervention with advanced lung support system has saved Ram Naresh, a 34 year old Covid patient who had Brain Haemorrhage along with internal lung bleeding.
Little Fathima's liver disease gets cured with a part of her mom's liver transplanted in her.
പെരുമ്പാവൂർ സ്വദേശി തോമസ് മാത്യുവിന് (47) 2003ൽ, 29-ആം വയസ്സിലാണ് ആദ്യം വൃക്കമാറ്റിവച്ചത്. പിന്നീട് മൂന്ന് വർഷത്തിന് ശേഷം വീണ്ടും മാറ്റിവയ്ക്കേണ്ടിവന്നു.