The Department of Nephrology is one the premier renal centres in the country in terms of skill and experience. The department runs one of the most successful Renal Transplantation Programmes in the country, attracting patients from the entire state of Kerala, neighbouring states as well as from abroad. Of the nearly 150-200 transplants performed at the centre every year many have complex issues (Sensitized, Elderly and Paediatric Transplants). The centre has a large number of patients with Chronic Disease (CKD) on follow up and the comprehensive management strategies to reduce the progression of CKD is another highlight of the centre. A large maintenance Haemodialysis programme, CAPD programme, four dedicated machines for performing CVVH, CVVHD and CVVHDF for the critically ill patients are the other notable features. There is also an Anapheresis Machine based on the COBE spectra system which plays an important role in desensitisation therapy and management of humoral rejection. Renal biopsy service with immunofluorescence (in house nephropathologist) and electron microscopy is also available here.
Kidney Transplantation with Laproscopic Donor Nephrectomy
- Slow Efficiency Daily Dialysis (SLEDD)
- Continuous Ambulatory Peritoneal Dialysis (CAPD)
Kidney Biopsy (Renal Biopsy)
Laparoscopic Nephrectomy for large Tumors (Kidney).
Highlights of the department
- Runs one of the most successful renal transplant programmes of the country
- Expertise in performing high risk renal transplants
- State-of-the-art-Haemodialysis Unit
- Four dedicated machines for Continuous Renal Replacement Therapy (CRRT) including CVVH, CVVHDF and CVVHD
- Dedicated apheresis machine for plasmapheresis
- Continuous Ambulatory Peritoneal Dialysis (CAPD) and automated peritoneal dialysis (APD)
- Kidney Biopsy with immunoflourescence (IF) and electron microscopy (em) with in house nephropathologist
Book an appointment