Dr. Muralikrishna Menon
Sr. Consultant & HOD
MBBS, MD (Gen. Medicine), DM (Neuro)
Dr. Murali is well known and looked up to as an expert in this complex specialty - Neurology. He graduated from Govt. Medical College, Thrissur, did his post graduation in General Medicine from Govt. Medical College, Calicut and went on to do Post Doctoral training in Neurology from Govt. Medical College, Kottayam.
He had worked with many reputed hospitals of central and northern kerala as consultant Neurologist. He is now working as full time Sr. Consultant in VPS Lakeshore. He treat patients suffering from various neurological disorders like epilepsy, stroke, headache, migraine, cervical and lumbosacral spondylosis, dementia, parkinson´s disease, multiple sclerosis, ataxias, neuropathy, myopathy, muscular dystrophy, SMA, myasthenia gravis, myelitis, neualgias, motor neuron disease, vitamin B12 deficiency related neurological disorders, etc.
He is fascinated by the importance of early recognition of treatable neurological diseases, and the alleviation of pain and discomfort that can be offered in many incurable neurological diseases if proper diagnosis is reached.
Areas of interest
- Pain management with special interest in headaches
- Cognitive neurology
- Movement disorders
Patents and Publications
- Efficacy of Acyclclovir in Post herpetic Neuralgia
- A Case of Congenital Muscular Dystrophy, Annual conference of API, Thiruvananthapuram, 2000.
- Stephens Syndrome: A mitochondrial cytopathy, Annual Conference, Indian Academy Neurology, Madurai, 2000.
- Clinical and Etiological Profile of Tropical Ataxic Neuropathy in Kerala, South India Mohan Madhusudanan, Murali K Menon, Karaden Ummer, Kurupath Radhakrishnanan
- Jalal MJA, Fernandez SJ, Menon MK. Acute Toxic Neuropathy Mimicking Guillain Barre Syndrome. Journal of Family Medicine and Primary Care. 2015; 4(1):137-138.
- Abdul Jalal MJ, Fernandez SJ, Varghese P, Menon MK. Decompressive craniectomy in herpes simplex encephalitis.Neuroimmunology Neuroinflammation 2015;2:182-186
- Jalal MJA, Gomez R, Menon MK, Arunkumar K, Occipital lobe seizures – A rare hyperglycemic sequelae of type 1 Diabetes mellitus; Journal of Sciences, 2015;Vol.5,Issue 12;1253-1255
Articles under issue preparation
- Artery of Percheron Occlusion: The Role of Diffusion Weighted Magnetic Resonance Imaging in Early Diagnosis - Neuroimmunology Neuroinflammation.
- Rhinocerebral Mucormycosis Treated with Posaconazole(An only oral first line anti-fungal) – Infectious disease in clinical practice
- Bilateral Medial Medullary Infraction with “Heart Appearance” Sign – Neurology, India.
Articles under review
- Beck’s Syndrome – Anterior Spinal Artery Occlusion – Annals of Indian Academy of Neurology
- Spontaneous Intracranial Hypotension Complicated with Cerebral Venous Thrombosis and Subdural Effusion: A Case Report - Neuroimmunology Neuroinflammation
- Secretary Cochin Neurological Society
- Organizing team of national conference of neurology (Indian Academy of Neurology) held at Kochi.