Dr. Hari Lakshmanan P.
MBBS, MD (Pulmonary Medicine)
Dr. Hari Lakshmanan who completed MD in Pulmonary Medicine from Government Medical College, Kozhikode in 2007, subsequently served as faculty at Amrita Institute of Medical Sciences, Kochi for over 7years.
He has tremendous clinical exposure in the diagnosis and management of common as well as complicated pulmonary and related multisystem disorders like interstitial lung disease, pulmonary embolism, lung cancer, pleural and mediastinal disorders, COPD, Asthma, allergy and smoking related lung diseases. Having over 9years of clinical experience including more than 7 years of teaching and research, he is an expert in the specialty-demanding diagnostic and therapeutic interventions such as pulmonary function testing, allergy testing, polysonography, thoracocentesis, pleural biopsies, thoracoscopy, fibreoptic bronchoscopy and related interventions as also pulmonary critical care.
- Snoring disorders and sleep Apnea, sleep study and c-PAP titration
- Smoking cessation interventions
- Bronchoscopy and related interventions
- Trainer certification in basic tobacco cessation skills from University of Arizona.
- Certification on the clinical management of MDR TB from International Union Against Tuberculosis and Lung Diseases (IUATLD).
- European Respiratory Society, Junior member (International level).
- Indian Medical Association (National Level).
- Association of Pulmonary and Critical Care Medicine (Zonal level).
- Cochin Thoracic Society (Regional level).
- Hari Lakshmanan P:Pulmonary Thromboembolism in a young male treated with Embolectomy-A Case report;Pulmon 2006;8:3:95-97.
- Ravindran C, Hari Lakshmanan P, Arun P: Syndrome Z- A Case Report;Pulmon 2006;8:3:98-101.
- Hari Lakshmanan P, Musthafa A Mohammed, Suraj K P,Ravidran C: Pleuropulmonary hydatid disease treated with thoracoscopic instillation of hypertonic saline; Lung India. 2008 Jan-Mar; 25(1): 34–37.
- Emil J Thachil, Praveen Sreekumar, Hari Lakshmanan, Mohanan J Manjakara, Anoop Kanaran, Mohammed Musthafa, Sooraj K P, Ravindran C: An Unusual Cause for Pulmonary Metastasis. Calicut Medical Journal 2005; 3(3):e5.
- Ravindran C, Suraj KP, Mohammed Mustafa, Harilakshmanan, Sajeev Kumar P, Yusuf Nasser: Hemangioendothelioma of Pleura- A rare neoplasm. Pulmon 2005,7:1:44-49.
- Hari Lakshmanan P Evaluation of pulmonary impairment and disability; Pulmon. Vol 12. Issue 2. May - Aug. 2010.
- Patel Varun, Darsana Viswam, Rajesh V, Mehta Asmita, Sethu Babu ,Hari lakshmanan,, “All that wheeze is not asthma” Pulmon; 2011:13,69-72.
- Hari Lakshmanan Peruvemba, Rajagopal Thazhepurayil, James Ponneduthamkuzhi, Ravindran Chetambath: Clinical Prediction of Obstructive Sleep Apnea (OSA) in a Tertiary Care Setting. Journal of Clinical and Diagnostic Research. 2012 June, Vol-6(5): 835-838.
- Indu M, lakshmanan H. Nocturnal hypoventilation – A case report. Ind J Resp Care 2014; 3(1): 415-7.