Dr. R. Padmakumar
Senior Consultant - Laparoscopic Surgeon
MBBS, DNB (General Surgery), MNAMS, DipALS, FAIS, FIMSA, FCLS, FRCS (GL)
Dr. R Padmakumar has completed MBBS from Alleppey Medical College, DNB from National Board of Examinations, New Delhi and FRCS from Royal College of Physicians & Surgeons of Glasgow, UK and completed fellowships in MNAMS, Dip. In Advanced Laproscopic Surgery, FAIS, FIMSA, FCLS. He is well known for endoscopic Thyroid Surgery (No Neck Scar), Bariatric Surgery, Laparoscopic Hernia Surgery and Intragastric Balloon for Obesity.
- Has performed more than 5000 Hernia surgeries laparoscopically and has trained more than 100 surgeons the procedure.
- First to start Diabetes mellitus surgery in the state for non-obese category (5th in the world).
- First in the World to perform scarless bariatric surgery with abdominoplasty.
- First surgeon in entire GCC to do Diabetic surgery in non-obese patients (UAE ministry approved).
- One of the few surgeons in India doing Endoscopic (no neck scar) thyroidectomy.
- World record on successful bowel surgery at 2 gm Hb without blood transfusion.
- Inventor - Innovative Technique MISII (Minimally Invasive Surgery for Ileal Interposition) HYBRID TECHNIQUE.
National President - Indian Hernia Society
GC Member, Association of Surgeons of India
Vice President- Society of Endoscopic and Laparoscopic Surgeons of India
Jt. Secretary - Indian Association of Endocrine Surgeons
Founder Member, Obesity and Metabolic Surgery Society Of India
Founder Member, Association of Minimal Access Surgeons of India
International Faculty of IASGO on Hernia and Diabetic Surgery
International Faculty of IFSO on Diabetic Surgery
Associate Editor : Diabetes and Obesity International Journal