Anesthesiology & Critical Care
Home \ Department \ Anesthesiology & Critical Care
The Department of Anesthesiology & Critical Care ensures and optimizes patients posted for surgery. Anesthesia and Post Anesthesia Care are tailored to suit each patient. There are ten operating suites and a separate Joint replacement & Cardiac Theatre where over 5000 major surgeries are done annually.
- Safe and suitable Anesthesia procedures for very high risk, compromised patients for any type of surgery or procedure and for any age from the newborn to the very old.
- Attempts to reduce all kinds of acute post-operative and chronic pain
- Provides resuscitative courses and training.
- PAC clinics, pain relief services for trauma patients & pain relief for cancer patients.
- Pain relief for normal delivery by way of Epidural Analgesia.
- Recognised Centre for National Board in Anesthesia & Diploma in Critical Care of The Indian society of Critical Care Medicine.
- Provides CPR, BLS and ATLS courses.
Critical Care Medicine has around 45 beds in various specialties & a separate Transplant ICU for Liver & Kidney Transplants. Critical care medicine specialists provide dedicated and continuous care to critically ill patients who require advanced monitoring and care in the Intensive Care Unit setting. These specialists, who have special training in the care of critically ill patients, work closely with Anesthesiologists, Surgeons and other Specialists in the hospital. Special areas of service include:
- Management of shock and cardiopulmonary resuscitation
- Respiratory failure
- Multisystem organ failure (including renal and hepatic)
- Sepsis (infection)
- Central nervous system crisis
- Cardiac failure
- Transplantation of Liver & Kidney
Book an appointment